Are you interested in being the Director of University Health Services at Clayton State University?
Director of University Health Services
Job Title Director of University Health Services Posting Number S2012139 Position Type Staff Position Summary Information
Position Summary The University Health Services (UHS) Director coordinates the strategic assessment, planning, implementation and delivery of health services by UHS staff for Clayton State University. The Director is responsible for patient progression through the UHS system, staff supervision, overall budget administration for the department and implementation of health/wellness program planning. The Director is responsible for ensuring practice is delivered according to up to date research standards and all care delivered is supported by the best practices available. The Director serves as liaison with key members of the campus, consultants, community members, and others regarding UHS and University health care needs.
- Master’s prepared Nurse or Master’s degree in appropriate health-related field such as Health Care Management, health education, or public/community health.
- Minimum seven years’ experience in administration of health services in university, primary care, or related areas or a combination of education and experience; prefer experience with supervision of health care professionals, experience with budget management, and experience in university health services or higher education.
- Experience with health education and wellness promotion required.
- Knowledge of clinic management, legal and liability issues, HIPAA, and electronic records.
- Knowledge of current standards for university health service practice.
- Effective management and leadership skills with the ability to plan and implement strategic initiatives for a diverse clinical/educational setting.
- Ability to monitor and assess effectiveness of services and programs.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with campus and community stakeholders Minimum Education Requirements Master’s prepared Nurse or Master’s Degree in appropriate health-related field such as Health Care Management, health education, or public/community health.
- Direct and oversee clinical practice according to UHS and University policies and procedures and provide for the quality of care of the University community; coordinate the services of independent or contracted health care professionals delivering services within UHS.
- Develop strategic, operational, and resource utilization plans and policies; develop and maintain a systematic risk management program appropriate for the department and institution, as applicable.
- Conduct periodic needs assessment and lead the department and campus community in design and implementation of services and programs to address identified needs.
- Direct and manage the budget consistent with University goals and policies.
- Ensure compliance with all state, federal, and regulatory mandates and recommendations, as appropriate; maintain a secure, accessible system of confidential medical records in accordance with applicable standards of practice and State and Federal laws.
- Serve as a resource for the campus community on issues of health promotion, disease prevention, safety, and health advocacy; work with partners in the broader community to identify trends and implement programs, as needed.
- Monitor and assess the effectiveness of services and programs and adjust as needed to meet the needs of the campus community. Posting Detail Information Open Date 04/24/2013 Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Special Instructions to Applicants