Opportunities to Serve with UAPRN Atlanta Chapter
Welcome to 2022! We are excited about this year and hope it will provide us with the opportunity to return to serving in the community again, even if it is in some new and different ways given the ongoing state of viral spread with COVID.
In planning for the upcoming year of events below is tentative calendar list of community service opportunities we are planning to participate in as a chapter. In addition to large group participatory events we have also added some opportunities that can be done individually and virtually.
Ongoing Community Services for 2022:
Open Hand Atlanta
- Pack and distribute meal items to the elderly and persons under transitions of care in the post-acute time frame
- Help impact closing a gap with food security, a social determinant of health for many in our community
- Opportunity to participate as a group or individually Monday-Friday
- Family-friendly, able to involve older children and spouses/significant others
Grace Village Medical Center
- Volunteer as a Nurse Practitioner at a free medical clinic under Georgia Volunteer Health Care Program (GVHCP)
- Sovereign Immunity protection provided while you practice professionally treating the underserved
We will need 2-3 Nurse Practitioners to commit (typically on a Saturday) once a quarter from 8am- 12 pm
If you are interested in this opportunity email Kristan Langdon at email@example.com
Upcoming Community Service for 2022:
Sickle Cell 5K Road Walk, Sickle Cell Foundation of Georgia, Inc
Plan to join our 5K Road Walk Team to help raise funds and awareness for sickle cell disease.
- Tentatively scheduled for Sept. 17 @ 9am
More info to come!