*Correction* to Call for Nominations for UAPRN Atlanta Chapter Executive Board
The prior announcement had an error in stating this year's election would include the Recording Secretary. The correct position is for Corresponding Secretary. Please see corrected details in the announcement below.
The Atlanta chapter of UAPRN is now accepting nominations for Atlanta chapter Executive Board positions of President, Treasurer and Corresponding Secretary. Positions are a two-year term commencing on January 1, 2022.
The Atlanta chapter of UAPRN is now accepting nominations for Atlanta chapter Executive Board positions of President, Corresponding Secretary and Treasurer. All positions are a two-year term commencing on January 1, 2022.
In order to qualify for nomination, the nominee must meet full membership criteria of being an APRN (NP, CNS, CRNA, CNM) with an active Georgia license and up to date on annual chapter membership dues. Interested nominees must submit a CV or resume and statement of position interest to Atlanta chapter Vice-president Kristan Langdon,firstname.lastname@example.org, by Saturday, September 25th, 2021 to be added to the ballot.
President – 2 year term
The President shall:
- Be the chief elected officer and shall serve as the representative of the organization, while having supervision of the work of the organization.
- Preside over all chapter meetings.
- Appoint officials to do special projects to further the work and progress of the organization
- Appoint chairmen of the standing committees- with the assistance of the other officers
- Be an ex-officio member of all committees.
- Have the authority to give honorariums to speakers—the amount must be agreed upon by the other officers
- Revise the by-laws with the assistance of the officers as deemed necessary and review at least every 2 years with a vote to accept bylaws to members
- Prepare the agenda for chapter meetings.
- Review working meeting minutes after preparation by the Secretary. Copies of the meeting minutes will then be posted on the website for UAPRNs of GA, Atlanta Chapter.
- Collaborates with the scheduler to ensure that notices of meetings are sent to the membership.
Corresponding Secretary – 2 year term
The Secretary shall:
- Perform outreach to special guests/company representatives for the purposes
hosting educational chapter dinner meetings.
2. Manages the logistics of disseminating dinner meeting details to UAPRN Atlanta chapter members (via UAPRN Atlanta website) minutes.
3. Assists in maintaining updates to UAPRN chapter members by way of email,
UAPRN website, and social media. May communicate and share various
correspondences via UAPRN website and various social media pages. Content
may include (but are not limited to): pertinent flyers, advertisements, articles, and graphics when needed.
4. Works to grow engagement and involvement across organizational community
(i.e. dinner meeting attendance).
5. Assists in administrative tasks related to the good of the organization, not
addressed by the fellow officers
6. Handle any correspondence as deemed necessary by the President, or as directed
by the membership as a result of the meetings.
Treasurer – 2 year term
The Treasurer shall:
- Oversee the preparation, implementation, and presentation of the annual budget.
- Provide a financial report at each meeting.
- Receive and have charge of all funds of the association chapter, pay bills, and make deposits.
- Will receive and maintain chapter balances of membership monies from UAPRN State Treasurer.
- Serve as a member for the finance/fund-raising committee.
- File 503C tax status annually.