VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY- Help those effected by Hurricane Dorian
Because of Hurricane Dorian and the mandatory evacuations that are occurring with our neighboring states and in Georgia we are in need of your help. We are receiving request for nursing volunteers to assist with evacuees in shelters and other healthcare facilities throughout Georgia. There is an immediate need in Augusta.
If you are interested in volunteering, visit www.servga.govand register for the Georgia Nurse Alert System (GNAS) unit. Nurses must have an active license that is good standing in order to volunteer.
It is a quick registration. Once you have completed it an administrator or volunteer coordinator will be in contact with you.
- Visit www.servga.gov
- Select red Register Now (located under the sign in box)
- Next page indicate: select emergency response question in the second box
- Provide: Username
- Secret Question
- Read volunteer agreement and information pledge
- Select County and click drop down
- Select the organization: GA Nurse Alert System
- Enter name address email
- Primary email address (optional)
- Contact Number
- Occupation Type
- Once you hit submit you will be successfully registered in the system.
- Click My Profile and select Occupations to provide your license information and complete this section.
Thank you in advance for sharing this opportunity with your organization.
Volunteer Program Director
Georgia Department of Public Health
Division of Health Protection
2 Peachtree St., 11th Floor
Atlanta, Georgia 30303
404-232-7821 (Office Phone)