Vendor Spotlight: AANP
We are happy to have Janet Ross, our state AANP State representative join us at our 6th Annual Transitions Day!
Here are some updates from AANP!
AANP Live: 2019 Diabetes Virtual Conference
March 23, 2019 9am-4pm (CST) Online
-CE Credits: 6hrs/Pharm 3.92hrs
2019 AANP National Conference
June 18, 2019 – June 23, 2019
CE: Up to 38 hours
Continuing Conversations on Health Care Reform Priorities
• Ensuring all patients have access to health care with affordable coverage options regardless of pre‐existing conditions;
• Upholding the principles of Essential Health Benefits;
• Protecting patients’ access to health care delivered by the provider of their choice, including nurse practitioners and other advanced practice registered nurses;
• Preserving patients’ access to Medicaid;
• Improving the Medicare Systems’ efficiency by removing barriers to practice and eliminating duplication of provider efforts; and
• Maintaining the nation’s commitment to improving its health care workforce.
Legislative Agenda for 116th Congress
• Home Health Care Planning Improvement Act: Certifying patients’ need for home health care
• ACO Assignment Improvement Act: Allowing nurse practitioner patients to count for Medicare ACO shared savings
• Promoting Access to Diabetic Shoes Act: Ensuring patients have timely access to diabetic shoes
Georgia State Legislative Updates
Janet Ross is our State AANP representative.
- New Governor has stated his platform is Rural Georgia Health which lends itself to our agenda, so looking to attach legislation to those bills going forward under that platform.
- Another bill is getting tax incentive for precepting.
- Promotion of Unity amongst nurses for numbers....trimming away barriers is the new tagline being used