LIFE LINK Donor Resource Training:Our TARGET Audience is Operating Room, Respiratory, Med-Surg, Palliative and Critical Care
Please Share with your team!
ESPECIALLY Our TARGET Audience: Operating Room, Respiratory, Med-Surg, Palliative and Critical Care
5.75 Contact Hours- for Attending LifeLink's Donor Resource Nurse Training
*** 5.75 contact hours for LifeLink Donor Resource Nurse Training!
Breakfast and Lunch
Please click on the link below for more details and to Register online:
LifeLink of Georgia cordially invites you to attend our SUMMER 2017 Training.
***Donor Resource Nurse Training Conference on Friday, August, 11, 2017 NOW being held at DeKalb Medical Center N. Decatur Road Campus in the THEATER on the ground floor of the main hospital!
The training is from 7:30 am to 3:00 pm. Those attending will receive 5.75 contact hours.
The Registration form and Invitation is attached. *Please register by *Friday, July 21, 2017. Copy and paste the link below to Register online:
There are only 30 seats available so this offer is on a 1st come 1st served basis.
Managers and Educators, will you please select 4 staff members that you know are interested in and supportive of organ donation.
In the past Unit Managers have selected 2 staff for night shift and 2 for day shift as great resources for the units.
The staff should possess leadership skills to support their colleagues to provide guidance and education in the organ and tissue donation process.
At times Donor Resource Nurses follow up with their colleagues on missed opportunities for organ donation (i.e. a referral being called in late).
We look forward to your hospital staff participating in this excited opportunity to SAVE LIVES through organ donation.
**This training is of no cost to the participants and LifeLink provides Nursing Education hours of 5.75, Breakfast, Lunch and FREE parking (in Norcross at our local office) ☺
Below is an overview of the LifeLink training:
Donor Resource Nurses represent specialized knowledge regarding compliance to the organ and tissue referral protocols and donation process.
Training will focus on:
- The Goals of LifeLink of Georgia’s Hospital Development Program
- The Referral Process
- Patient Assessment
- Communication with the Family Donor Management,
- Placement Protocols
- Operating Room
- Organ Recovery
- Tissue Referrals and Recovery
- Hospital Donation Performance through Data
- Family Aftercare for Donor Families and Recipients
You may have an opportunity to meet and hear the stories from an actual Organ Donor Family and/or a story from an Organ Donor Recipient!
Donor Resource Nurse Role:
- To represent an in depth knowledge base for your nurse colleagues
- To ensure referral protocols are consistent with state and federal regulatory standards
- To identify and initiate timely organ and tissue referrals
- To assist with measures to address missed or late organ and tissue referrals
- To facilitate communication and supportive huddles during donor cases with your staff and the LifeLink team members
- To implement the use of process improvement tools with your Donation Advisory Council or Transplant Liaison Committee
- To understand hospital’s compliance performance through data review of the LifeLink Complicance Dashboard
I look forward to partnering with you as we, together, help the 122,000 patients waiting for organ and tissue donations, a 2nd chance at LIFE!
Hospital Development Liaison
LifeLink of Georgia